Basically indicates the historical perspectives of electric power in Nepal but not limited to this only. The present scenario as well as possibilities in future are also the part of the content.
The history of electricity development of Nepal is not so old and has crossed 95 years since the start of construction of Pharping Hydro-electric Plant ( 500 KW) in 1911. Today, Nepal has an electric power of total installed capacity 609 MW in Integrated Power System with the major contribution from 25 numbers of hydroelectric plants. Out of total electric power, about 91 % is contributed from hydro-electric plants and rest of 9 % is supported from diesel plants.
The existing largest hydro-electric plant in the country is Kaligandaki-A (144 MW). The generated electric power has been transmitted through 132 KV double circuit transmission line of 2076 km, 66 KV double circuit of 586 km, 66 KV double circuit underground cables of 7 km and 33 KV single circuits of 2485 km within the country. The country has a total sub- station capacity of 1089 MVA to date.
- It’s easy to get your first job
- You can work in another country
- Student praxis can be extended to employment
- You gain a wide range of knowledge during your studies
- Computer skills
- New stuff gets out all the time – it never gets boring
- Only few simple rules to follow
- Things work better when plugged to power
- Electrical components work on smoke – when it gets out you are in trouble
- If things don’t work, read a manual.
- Bench work Section
- Panel board section
- Motor rewinding section
- Basic electronic lab
This is the one main part of engineering department.
This section has well-equipment workshop and Training hall, Like
We conduct different type of training in apprenticeship model, like
1- T-SLC in electrical engineering (24+5) 29 months.
2- Diploma in electrical engineering (2+2) 4 years.
3- Short Term Training.
- Building electrician.
- Industrial electrician.
- Motor/Fan rewinding.
- Basic electronic.
- Repair and maintenance of hydropower.
- Repair and maintenance of TL/DL equipments